Surabaya is also a major shopping destination for Indonesians who aren't interested to make Jakarta as their shopping destination. The city is reasonably enjoyed with the amnesties that the capital has. There are also various grand malls in the city such as Plaza Tunjungan, Ciputra World Surabaya, Grand City, Galaxy Mall, City Of Tomorrow, Supermal Pakuwon Indah, BG Junction, Pakuwon Trade Center, Surabaya Town Square, Lenmarc, Royal Plaza Surabaya, East Coast, Surabaya Plaza, Kapas Krampung Plaza, and Jembatan Merah Plaza. While Hi-Tech Mall, WTC, and Plasa Marina are the gadgets, computers and mobile-phones shops center in Surabaya. Surabaya is home to the Eastern Fleet, one of two in the Indonesian Navy.
Other points of interest include:
- Grand Mosque of Surabaya or Al-Akbar Mosque, the largest mosque in East Java.
- Cheng Ho Mosque, a recently built mosque, the first in Indonesia with Chinese-style architecture
- Jales Veva Jaya Mahe Monument, a large, admiral-like statue which commemorates the Indonesian Navy.
- Mpu Tantular Museum, has a large collection of ancient Javanese artifacts.
- Monkasel, abbreviated from Monumen Kapal Selam / Submarine Monument.
- Heroic Monument is the main symbol and one of the attractive tourist destinations in Surabaya and Southeast Asia
- House of Sampoerna is a cigarette museum, and also one of the factory of Sampoerna brand cigarette. It also provides a City Sightseeing bus for free (Surabaya Heritage Track) which operates daily with the particular schedule. It also provides an English tour guide for the sightseeing.
- Gubeng Train Station.
- Siloam Hospital.
- UNAIR University.
- ITS University.
- Dr. Soetomo Hospital.
- Husada Utama Hospital.